Major life decisions are very rarely easy to make. They stretch your faith and show you what is in you. (Disclaimer: it will also show what is inside of those you seek counsel from. So, be ready!) It can be a stressful time. Feelings of fear, anxiety, restlessness, begin to run rampant. You realize that you do know how to meditate…on all the wrong things. Being shifted from your comfort zone to what seems to be a bigger burden (to the natural eye) than where you already are, can cause you to be stagnant.
Well, this is what has been happening to me over the last few weeks. As I sat in my car talking with the LORD, I shared what was on my heart. Here are a few of them:
- The frustrations of being in familiar places that were no good for me spiritually.
- Desire for more but less keeps showing up
- Peace from inner turmoil that goes back years. It shows up occasionally, and I am tired of it!
- Lack of support in ministry.
Once I finished spilling out the cares of my heart, I became quiet and waited for His response. In a very still small voice I heard “God will provide.” He reminded me of these things in reference to my concerns.
- You say you are frustrated with being in familiar places that are not good for you. Remember you need to be confident that I who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ. (Philippians 1:6)
- You say you desire more but less keeps showing up. I never promised you riches, wealth, titles or status here in this temporary place. Nor did I promise you a life of ease. I have not withheld Myself from you. When you sought Me with all of your heart, I let you find Me (Jeremiah 29:13). When you found Me and abided with Me, you were blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1). Remember, hard times does not always mean bad decisions or poor choices. They can produce things in you that can not be received any other way. “Exult in your tribulations, knowing tribulations brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope and hope does not disappoint, because God has been poured out in your hearts through the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:1-5).
- You say you have no peace because of the inner turmoil that shows up every once and a while. Years ago, you were consumed with it and now it comes every once and a while… You used to relive the same situations every day all day. See your progress. Do not despise the day of small beginnings. When the thoughts come Philippians 4:8 them – “whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.” Toss out the bad thoughts, then meditate on things you are to dwell on. BUT BE CAREFUL, your lack of peace reflects a lack of trust in Me and My will for your life. The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace because he trusts in You (Isaiah 26:3). Trust Me so you can rest in Me.
- You say you have
alack of support in the things I have called you to do. Not your will, but MYwill be done. I will supply ALL your needs according to My riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19). Your support doesn’t look the way you think it should look but look through My eyes. (At that point faces and names began to flood my heart and mind). I sat in awe and began to cry.
His final word on the conversation was, “As long as you remain in ME, in My presence, in the secret place…in the mount, everything will be provided (Genesis 22:14). Trust Me with all your heart and DO NOT lean on your own understanding. Acknowledge Me in all your ways and I will direct your path (Proverbs 3:5-6).
I had to repent and ask Him to forgive me. The ministry of remembrance is a beautiful one. He ministered to my needs and pain through scriptures that are already in me. He already knows what is in us!!!
How many of you have had a similar experience? What effect did it have on the situation you were dealing with?
As I looked at the scriptures, He selected to speak to me through, Philippians showed up a few times. We (in the Precept Bible Study I attend) started 2019 with studying this book (5 weeks left). I believe He is also telling me to rejoice in all things and I will not find myself “in this space” too long. I must choose the perspective I take in every situation no matter how it looks. What a wonderful Father we have. If you do not know Him, please get to know Him.
I love you God! Thank you for loving me enough not to leave me to myself.